Now that we are heading into Autumn/Fall, it is time for all the cinnamon and vanilla flavoured foods to start appearing. Autumn/Fall also means apple season – so what better what to combine all these seasonally flavours, than to put them in a pancake! I am so excited for this season change. Can you tell? Can you?!
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 125g/0.5 Cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 150ml/0.5 Cup skimmed milk
- 1 egg white
- 70ml/0.30 Cup non fat yoghurt
- 2 apples, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 8 pitted dates and 100ml/0.4 Cup water
1) Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl except the dates and water and stir.
2) Put the dates and water in a food processor and blend to make a date syrup.
3) Add the date syrup to the pancake mixture and stir.
4) Add some butter into a pan and pour in some mixture. Spread it round to desired consistency.
4) Once the mixture starts to bubble (1 minute), flip the pancake over.
6) Put onto a plate
7) Add toppings if you want and serve.
These also freeze really well if you want to make extra for a quick breakfast later in the week!
Nutritional Information – per person (without toppings):