Now that we are heading into Autumn/Fall, it is time for all the cinnamon and vanilla flavoured foods to start appearing. Autumn/Fall also means apple season – so what better what to combine all these seasonally flavours, than to put them in a pancake! I am so excited for this season change. Can you tell? Can you?!
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
Ingredients – serves 2:
– 125g/0.5 Cup wholemeal flour
– 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp Cinnamon
– 1 tsp nutmeg
– 150ml/0.5 Cup skimmed milk
– 1 egg white
– 70ml/0.30 Cup non fat yoghurt
– 2 apples, peeled and finely diced
– 1 tbsp vanilla essence
– 8 pitted dates and 100ml/0.4 Cup water
1) Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl except the dates and water and stir.
2) Put the dates and water in a food processor and blend to make a date syrup.
3) Add the date syrup to the pancake mixture and stir.
4) Add some butter into a pan and pour in some mixture. Spread it round to desired consistency.
4) Once the mixture starts to bubble (1 minute), flip the pancake over.
6) Put onto a plate
7) Add toppings if you want and serve.
These also freeze really well if you want to make extra for a quick breakfast later in the week!
Nutritional Information – per person (without toppings):
Let’s stay in touch!