I thought I would get a little more creative and serve up an Asian dish in little lettuce cups, rather than putting it all into a bowl. Not only does it look better (first bite is with the eye after all), but it gives it a bit more of a crunch. I seem to be making a lot of unseasonal dishes the past few days, but maybe that is because it is so cold and I have craving some warm weather.
I think these would be perfect to serve up at a summer garden party.
These are very low in fat and high in protein and if you are following a low carb plan, simply replace the noodles for something that suits you better. All of this is prepared and cooked in under 15 minutes too.
Healthy, budget friendly, delicious and doesn’t take long to cook.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 350g/ 12oz ground turkey breast
- 4 baby gem lettuces
- 1 nest of wholewheat noodles (50g)
- 1 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 2 red chillies, diced
- 1 thumb sizes piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
1) Heat a little oil in a pan and add the turkey mince and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
2) Add the red pepper, carrots, chilli, ginger, lemon grass, coriander (cilantro), lime juice and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Put the noodles in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Separate the lettuce leaves and use the bigger ones that are suitable to be used like cups.
5) Put a some noodles in each lettuce cup and then top with some of the turkey mixture and then sprinkle over the spring oni0ns (scallions)
Nutritional Information – per person:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy