Pizza is one of the ultimate comfort foods. There is so much variety that is it hard to choose which toppings you want. This one if one of my husbands favourites.
- 1 ball of defrosted pizza dough
- Half a carton of passata
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cooked BBQ chicken breast (I marinade a chicken breast in homemade BBQ sauce, which I will upload a recipe for soon, and bake for 30 minutes), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 50g grated half fat cheddar cheese
1) Take the defrosted pizza dough and place on a floured surface. Roll out until you have a thin pizza base and put on a pizza tray or a foil lined circular baking tray. Ideally it would be a pizza stone, but I’m still waiting to see what Santa brings me . Preheat your oven to 200C
2) Gather the toppings together.
3) Depending on how crispy you like your pizza, you could put the pizza dough in now, as it is, for 5 minutes to crisp up and then put on the passata, or you could just put the passata on top of the uncooked dough, if you like a softer pizza.
4) Add the garlic, red onion, mushrooms, coriander and chicken.
5) Sprinkle over the cheese.
6) Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7) Cut into quarters and serve with a salad (and a jacket potato if you are feeling very hungry).