Right, I am not going to claim that these are in the least bit good for you. Well, coconut is good for you, but the other ingredients, not so much. But, Hungry Healthy Happy is not necessarily about health food, but making healthier alternatives to the foods you love. These are a healthier alternative in the fact that I only used 3 ingredients to make them. When you look at the ingredients of a Bounty bar, it has lots of other stuff added to it. These are definitely to be eaten as a treat and one is certainly enough as they are very sickly. These are also very cheap to make when you compare how much one bar costs to buy.
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 tin of condensed milk (about 400g)
- 1 bar of good quality dark chocolate.
1) Put the coconut and condensed milk in a bowl.
2) Stir together.
3) This is the REALLY messy part (I did warn you). Using your hands and a spoon, make balls of the mixture and put them on a greaseproof paper lined baking dish. Put in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until they have hardened a little. They will still be slightly soft.
4) Melt the dark chocolate and gently roll the coconut balls in them.
5) Put back on greaseproof paper and put back in the fridge until set. Forgot to take a photo of this stage of them, but I googled one, and they should look this this:
*These will melt very quickly in your hands, unless you temper the chocolate, so they may make a mess whilst eating them if you don’t eat them quickly. Can’t see that being a problem though!*