These may be the greatest things ever. They taste like brownies, but they are SO much better for you. One of my favourite snacks in Nakd Bars. They are made from purely fruit and nuts and there is no need to bake them, as they are cold pressed. At 70p/ US$1.09 a bar, I can’t afford to have them all the time, so I decided to experiment with an alternative and (even if I do say so myself), they are even better. They taste like a brownie/truffle bite of heaven and they are oh so chocolaty. The great this about them is that you can flavour them with whatever you like. I put ginger or orange in mine usually, but you could mix in some cinnamon or mint essence if you want (which I will be trying next time).
These will also last in the fridge for about a week. If you don’t eat them all before that, that is. If you try anything from this site, let it be this. A healthier alternative to a food you crave. These would also be amazing crumbled over some frozen yoghurt. Let me know what you think if (when) you make them. Enjoy!
Ingredients – Serves 12 – 100 calories each:
- 100g Almonds
- 100g Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 20 (15g) pitted dates, chopped
- 1tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp water (maybe more if it is too dry)
- 1 tsp ground ginger or juice from an orange (which ever flavour you want to add)
1) First, blend the almonds until fine.
2) Add the dates and cocoa power and blend.
3) Tip into a bowl and stir in the ginger, honey and water and mix well.
4) Here comes the VERY messy part, as this stuff will stick to your hands like glue. Form the mixture into 12 balls.
Follow Me for more healthy food ideas:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy