Fancy a pizza but want something a little different? Try a calzone. It is a folded pizza and tastes great!
People are always surprised to hear that I ate pizza whilst I lost weight. It’s true – I did. You don’t have to completely cut everyone you love out of your diet and just eat chicken breast and broccoli. It is about finding a balance and not over doing it. I didn’t eat pizza every day, nor do I do that now, but once a week if I wanted some, I had some. Sometimes I ordered it, but most of the time I made it myself, just because I could make some really easy healthy swaps, which meant I could have an extra slice.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 1 portion of pizza dough
- 8 tbsp of marinara
- Pizza toppings of your choice. I went with mushrooms and red peppers.
- 3 slices of light mozzarella.
1) Roll out one portion of pizza dough.
2) Spread over the marinara.
3) Add your toppings to half of the base.
4) Add slices of mozzarella onto half the base and season with peppe
5) Fold the un-topped half over the topped half and pinch the sides together, so you have a semi-circle. Use a fork to press the folds together. With a knife, pierce a couple of holes in the top.
6) Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes, until browned.
Nutritional Information – per person: