When you have a cold or flu, you crave something comforting and this is the soup to hit the spot. It is filling, warming and is said to have healing properties – not just mine (although, it is THAT good), but chicken noodle soup in general.
- 1 litre of homemade chicken stock
– 1 bundle of noodles (I used buckwheat)
– 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced, or left over roast chicken
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 celery sticks, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– A thumb sized piece of ginger, chopped finely
– 1 tbsp fish sauce
– Half a tsp diced chili (or to taste)
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 2 tbsp lime juice
– 1 tbsp chopped lemongrass
1) Put everything into a large soup pan together, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.