A great comfort food for me is creamy pasta. It is comforting until I feel unwell after from the heavy cream. The alternative is to make it creamy without using cream. You are all well aware of my love of using yoghurt in replace of cream in recipes, and I did that with the Carbonara, but then I thought about about how versatile avocados are and how creamy guacamole is. Despite the creamy taste, this dish is also really light and all of the mixture of flavours really compliment each other. This would be great served cold at a BBQ or picnic too. Don’t just use avocados for guacamole, they can be used for so much more.
Even better is it is vegan. Proving that vegan food can be delicious.
- 100g/1 cup dried pasta
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 4 garlic gloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1 avocado
- 5 tbsp chopped basil, fresh
- 2 spring onions (scallion)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
1) Cook the spaghetti for 8-10 minutes.
2) Put the oil, lemon and garlic in a blender and blend.
3) Add the avocado, salt and 5tbsp basil and blend until smooth.
4) Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and stir in the avocado mix.
5) Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over chilli flakes.
6) Top with the remaining basil and spring onions (scallions) and serve with a mixed salad.
Nutritional Information – Per Person:
Fat: 25 (healthy fats from avocado and oil)
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy