This soup is a really good way to get loads of your daily vegetables in one meal and it is delicious too. Broccoli is possibly one of my favourite vegetables and made into this creamy soup (without using any cream) makes it perfect for the colder evenings. It freezes really well too and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 1300ml/ 5 and a half cups Hot Water
- 200ml/0.8 cups Skimmed milk
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 60g/0.2 cups mature cheddar, grated.
1) Head some oil in a large pan and cook the onion and potato for 3 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and then add the water, mustard, paprika and salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Add the milk and the broccoli and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Blend until smooth, pour into bowls and top with grated cheddar.
Nutritional Information – Per Person:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.