I woke up feeling great this morning, ready to take on July and kicked ass with a P90X Kenpo X workout and then I did 30 Day Shred. Then I became increasingly stressed out when a fellow blogger let me know that she couldn’t comment on some of my posts. It seems that some how, Word Press has changed it so that comments are only enabled on recipes, and I have no idea how to change it. I have checked everything and even asked trusty Google and nothing. Every option that should be checked is and it is driving me mad. So, I apologise for the no comment option on everything except recipes, and I am working on getting it fixed.
The stress kind of took my hunger away, so I fixed myself a chicken and avocado salad to tide me over. My cat, Chilli, liked the look of it too.
I bought some brown rice pasta that other day that I have been waiting to try and tonight’s creamy Cajun chicken pasta seemed like the perfect time to use it. Regular pasta, even whole wheat, really makes me bloated, so I have been looking for an alternative as I absolutely love pasta and don’t want to give it up. I was looking round my local vegetarian supermarket and I came across the brown rice pasta and also some quinoa pasta which I am going to try next week. I can report than I am bloat free after eating this pasta and I am so happy. It is a little more sticky than regular pasta, but I think that is a good thing as the sauce sticks to it more than normal. For those of you with allergies, it is also gluten free, wheat free, egg free and milk free. I would highly recommend it.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta – Serves 2:
- Enough pasta for 2 people (depends how hungry you are feeling)
- 1 large chicken breast, pre-grilled and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250ml/1 cup chicken stock
- 80ml/third cup skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tsp crushed red chili
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1) Cook the pasta until al dente.
2) Heat some oil in a large pan and cook the onions, mushrooms, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes until softened.
3) Add chicken and tomatoes and the paprika, cumin, ground coriander and chilli and stir.
4) Add the chicken stock, milk and parsley and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in cooked pasta and then stir in yoghurt.
6) Top with some chopped spring onions/scallions and a little more parsley and red chilli and some mozzarella.
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy