We are expecting snow here today, so as well as needing to use some leftovers from the fridge, I wanted to make something that was nice and warming, and soup always comes to mind in this weather.
I wanted to make something comforting, but obviously still healthy at the same time and this ticks those boxes, as well as being delicious too. It is low in calories, low in fat, low in carbs (the onions bump it up, but that is fine with me) and high in protein.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
– 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
– 700ml/24 Fl oz hot boiling water
– 2 small onions
– 1 tbsp tarragon (fresh is better, but the store had run out, so I used dried and it was just as good)
– 0.5 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1) Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat and dice the onions. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
2) Add the shredded chicken, tarragon and then add the hot water.
3) Add a little salt and pepper and bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Using a jug blender or hand blender, blend the soup until the desired consistency. I like mine to be smooth with a few chunky bits in it.
5) Pour into two bowls and drizzles a tbsp of yoghurt into each one and sprinkle over a little more tarragon.
Nutritional Information – Per person:
What is your favourite soup? Do you have any recipe requests?