Pasta is a total comfort food. Usually a dish that is eaten in the middle of winter when all you want is a big bowl of something that will make you warm and forget what it looks like outside. That is why I wanted to make the most of the last days of summer and create a light and summery pasta dish. I also had lemons that needed using. That’s not to say that this wouldn’t be absolutely delicious during the winter too.
This dish is fragrant, with a little bit of a kick from the garlic and it will have your taste buds dancing around, demanding more. If you already have cooked chicken in your fridge (you are doing food prep once a week, aren’t you?!?!) then this dish is done in under 15 minutes – idea for a week night dinner when you don’t want anything too complicated. Most creamy pasta dishes are made with cream and cheese, neither of which appear in this dish and you wouldn’t even now. Healthy and creamy?! That sounds good to me!
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 120g whole wheat dry pasta
- 1 chicken breast, pre-grilled and sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1) Put the pasta in boiling water and cook for 12 minutes.
2) 2 Minutes before the pasta is done, add the spinach.
3) Drain the spinach and pasta and then add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper, stir and serve.
4) Top with a little more rosemary.
Nutritional Information – per portion:
Fat: 9.5 (less if you use low fat Greek yoghurt)
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy