This is not the most conventional of breakfast items, but seeing as I made Mexican for breakfast the other day, I thought why not have avocado for breakfast and start the day off with some healthy fat.
Avocados make great bowls for other fillings, so why could they not be the support for my morning egg? They could! And they did! I cooked it so that the egg was still runny and then dipped a couple of slices of home-made bread into it. This is so quick to prepare and only takes 10 minutes to cook. It’s also something a little bit different (it beats porridge) and delicious.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
1) Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone. Keep the skin on, as you will be baking it in the skin.
2) Scoop out some of the flesh of each half, to make room for the egg.
3) Crack an egg into each half and sprinkle over a little salt and pepper
4) Put in a oven that is preheated to 425F/220C and bake for around 10 minutes (depending how you like your egg)
5) Serve with some really good bread.
Nutritional Information – per person (without bread):