I really like baking eggs inside of things – tomatoes, avocados, and now in a little bread shell. These egg nests are n easy breakfast to make, but they are also a perfect accompaniment to a hearty soup (better than just dipping a slice of bread in). I would recommend an asparagus soup.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 4 slice of brown bread
- 4 egg
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped (you could add tomatoes, bacon, anything you like)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1) Take the slice of bread and roll it flat with a rolling pin. Use the flattened slice of bread to line a small ramekin.
2) Put the mushroom, garlic and parsley on top of the bread
3) Crack an egg on top of it.
4) Bake at 200C/400F for 30 minutes, or until the egg sets
Nutritional Information – per person:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy