Nothing says Sunday brunch like Eggs Florentine, or Eggs Benedict if you want to add some meat. It is something a bit special for breakfast, that you wouldn’t have every day, but if you make a hollandaise sauce the typical way, it can carry a lot of calories.
I have come up with a healthier hollandaise sauce that uses yoghurt instead of cream. You probably guessed that I would use yoghurt, you know how much I like to use it as a replacement to cream.
Ingredients – serves 2:
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne
- Salt and pepper
1) Cook the spinach in some boiling water for a couple of minutes.
2) Halve the English muffins and toast them.
3) Cook the eggs in a little oil for 3 minutes.
4) Put the yoghurt, mustard powder, lemon juice, cayenne and salt and pepper in a small pan and heat for 4 minutes, whisking constantly. Heat on low and don’t overheat as the yoghurt will split.
5) Put the drained spinach on the English muffins, top with an egg on each one and pour over some hollandaise sauce.
Nutritional Information – per person: