Are you suffering in the heat at the moment? I keep reading all about the heat waves happening in the States and I really do feel for you all. Luckily, we never get weather like that here in the UK. British people complain about the weather so often, but we don’t have the extremes that other countries have and for that I am very grateful.
Still, it IS summer here *isn’t it?*, so that is the perfect time to have a frozen dessert. If you are living somewhere with insane heat, then this is the dessert for you. When it is hot, I always want ice cream, but find ice cream too heavy in that kind of weather – so this is a great alternative. Not to mention it is a healthier alternative to ice cream.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 250g/8oz frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 250g/8oz Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut (optional)
1) Put the frozen berries, yoghurt and honey (and mint and coconut if using) in a food processor and blend until and ice cream consistency (it will be a bit runnier).
2) Divide the blueberries into the bottom of dessert glasses and scoop the frozen berry dessert on top.