I love chicken breast, as they are so healthy and versatile - we always have some in our fridge so we know they we can make a quick, healthy and delicious meal when we don’t have anything specific planned. As much as I am perfectly happy eating them plain, that can get a little dull sometimes, so I have been coming up with more ways to make them interesting.
There are so many different things to stuff a chicken breast with, but goats cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomato has to be the best combination. It is juicy, full of flavour and healthy too (just be mindful of how much cheese you are adding)
If you make extra of these and slice them up, they are so good on top of a salad for lunch the next day. Add some avocado and you have yourself a party in a bowl.
We had ours with sweet potato mash and Mexican coleslaw - felt much more of a “treat” than it actually was.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- 30g/1 oz soft goats cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
1) Preheat your oven to 220C/420F.
2) Slit the chicken breast horizontally to create a pocket (where the filling will go).
3) Stuff each pocket with the rest of the ingredients. Don’t put too much filling in, as you don’t want it all falling out. You could then wrap these in bacon or parma ham and it would keep everything more secure, but obviously it the changes the nutritional information.
4) Put in the oven for 25.30 minutes, making sure it is cooked thoroughly.
Nutritional Information – per person for the stuffed chicken: