I really do have a bit of a burger obsession at the moment, I think I am getting prepared for summer. Nothing says summer like sitting outside and enjoying a meal cooked on the BBQ/grill, and luckily it is easy to make BBQ food healthy – so expect lots more burger recipes on the coming months.
Ingredients – serves 3 (my husband took one to work the next day on a salad):
- 2 Honey rolls
- 250g/9 oz turkey mince
- 40g/ quarter cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried red chili
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Half an egg, beaten
- Zest of half a lemon
- Cracked pepper
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes
1) Wash the potatoes and cut them into fries, keeping the skins on. Put them in a baking dish and spray with oil and bake at 200C for 45 minutes.
2) After 30 minutes, mix the burger ingredients together.
3) Form into patties and cook on a George Foreman for 10-15 minutes. Cook the onions for 5 minutes.
4) Serve with the grilled onions on top and a sprinkle of parsley, fries and coleslaw.
Nutritional Information – per burger patty:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- BBQ Corn
- Marinated Chicken Skewers
- Broccoli Salad
- Rainbow Rice
- Sweetcorn and Avocado Salsa