As well as going really well with spaghetti and sauce, these Greek meatballs make a great snack if you make them into small pieces. I make a batch of these on Sunday along with all my other food prep for the week.
I am visiting family this week and today I had a long journey to get there, so I packed my own lunch so I didn’t end up buying convenience food along the way. As well as a big tuna salad, I packed some of these meatballs and some boiled eggs for a protein hit.
You may remember seeing them in my meze selection too.
- 450g/15oz turkey mince
- Half a red onion, very finely chopped (I blend mine for a couple of seconds)
- Half an egg, beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1) Mix together all the ingredients and then form into bite-sized pieces (makes around 16).
2) Put in the fridge for 30 minutes
3) Cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C/390F.
4) Serve with tzatziki.