This is never going to be the healthiest thing in the world, but some small changes make it a healthier alternative to the usual banana bread you could make/buy and as a treat, it is great. This is perfect for a Sunday afternoon with some tea
- 200g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 70g caster sugar
- 3 mashed bananas
- 20g low fat yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- Handful of carob/chocolate chips
- 2tbsps shredded coconut and a little extra for sprinkling
- 1tsp of a spice you like, such as ginger or cinnamon.
1) Put the flour, baking soda, bicarbonate soda, coconut and spice (if using) in a bowl.
2) Add the sugar and stir
3) Add the mashed banana and yoghurt
4) Beat in the egg and milk and chocolate/carob chips if using and stir well.
5) Grease a loaf tin and pour in the mixture and sprinkle extra coconut on top.
6) Bake at 190C/Gas Mark 5 for 75 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- Citrus and Ginger Cake
- Apple Pie
- Hot Cross Buns
- Flourless Chocolate Brownie
- Healthier Cinnamon Rolls