This was a recipe I came up with over Christmas. I realise that the festive season is well and truly over now, but it is never too late to have cinnamon baked goods. It’s the weekend, so it is time for a treat – I shall be making these and pretending it is Christmas again!
- 7g dried yeast
- 150ml warm water
- 180ml warm milk
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 20g butter
- 20g low fat yogurt
- Half an egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp honey
- 200g white flour
- 200g whole wheat flour
- 1.5 tbsp butter, melted
- 60g brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1) In a cup, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt.
3) Crumble in the butter and yogurt.
4) Add the milk, yeast mixture, egg and honey and stir until a dough has formed.
5) Put on a floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a grease bowl for an hour until it has risen. Punch down and put back onto a flour surface.
6) Roll the dough ball out and cut out a rectangle around 14 by 8 inch.
7) Spread on the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
8) Roll up the rectangle and cut into 6 slices.
9) Place cut side down and bake at 180C/350F for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
10) Once cooled, drizzle with some ,low fat yogurt and sprinkle over a little more cinnamon.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished result – I think I was too excited to eat them.