A healthy chocolate dessert? Surely a thing doesn’t exist? Isn’t it full of cream and other things that I should have much of? Well, there is no cream in this chocolate pudding. Although it does have a high calorie ingredient in it, it is a healthy one and one that should definitely be part of your diet.
If like me, you often crave chocolate and just want a giant chocolate pudding or some chocolate ice cream, then this dessert is going to hit the spot.
The “secret” ingredient is avocado. AVOCADO??? IN DESSERT??? Trust me on this. You know how much I love using avocado in replace of cream in recipes, and dessert is no exception. You REALLY can’t taste it, but it gives the dessert an amazing creamy texture without all the fat you should avoid that is in cream. Still don’t believe me? Just give it a go. You don’t have much to lose and if you love it, which you will, you have gained a healthy chocolate dessert that is quick and easy to make.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and frozen (you don’t have to freeze the avocado and banana, but it tastes really good ice cold)
- 4 pitted dates
- 225ml/1 cup milk – I used almond milk because it is creamy and tastes awesome
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
- Coconut, raspberries shaved chocolate and ground cinnamon for serving
- 8 ice cubes
1) Put into the blender the almond milk, avocado, banana, dates, vanilla and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
2) Add the ice cubes and process until cold.
3) Pour into dessert glasses and top with chocolate, coconut, raspberries and cinnamon if using.
In other news, I joined the gym again today. I cancelled my membership a few months back, but I really missed it, so I singed up to a new one tonight. I am really looking forward to getting back into it.
Nutritional Information – per person:
Fat: 9 (healthy fat from the avocado)
Follow Me for more healthy food ideas:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy