These soft rolls are great to use for lunch. Fill them with meat and salad or dip them in soup. They have a really sweet taste.
- 145ml milk
- Half a beaten egg
- 15g butter
- 2tbsp honey
- 2g salt
- 190g white bread flour
- 60g wholewheat flour
- 3g yeast (half a sachet)
1) Put the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well.
2) Mix together the hot milk, yeast, butter, egg and honey.
3) Pour into the well.
4) Gradually stir to form a dough.
5) Put on floured surface and kneed for 5 minutes.
6) Put in a floured bowl and cover with oiled clingfilm and leave for an hour.
7) Take out and kneed for 5 mins and put back in bowl for 20 minutes.
8) Divide into 4 balls, put on greaseproof paper and cook in oven at 200C for 20 minutes.