Whilst this post might not be about health or fitness, it is something that I think it is important, so it comes under the happiness part of the blog. I think it is important to try and be as responsible as we can in all aspects of our life and that includes doing what we can to look after the environment too.
There are lots of things we can do every day to save water and energy and I wanted to share some of them with you, including some water saving tips.
- Use this water calculator to see where you are using water in your home and how much. You can then see the areas you can improve on.
- When brushing your teeth, switch the tap off whilst brushing. Just letting it run wastes a lot of water
- Wash fruit and vegetables in a pan of water rather than just running the tap. You can then reuse that water to water plants
- Shorten your shower by 30 seconds every day – you will be saving water.
- Use energy efficient appliances.
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs.
- Improve the insulation in your home.
- Make sure your windows are sealed properly, so they are not letting heat out.
These are lots of little things you can do every day that will really add up. Happiness is also about know that you are doing your bit for future generations and saving yourself some money at the same time.