Who says you can’t have Mexican food for breakfast? Definitely not me!! My love for Mexican food is almost parallel with my love for tea and you all know how much I love tea. Don’t know?! Well – I do!
Huevos rancheros is basically a tortilla with egg and Mexican beans and if you use leftovers from the previous night’s Mexican dinner, like I did, then this is really easy to throw together in the morning and will only take as long as it takes for the egg to cook.
It is a little odd eating spicy food so early in the morning, but still a great way to start your day!
Ingredients – serves 2:
- Leftover beans mixture from Bean Burritos or just a mixture of cooked beans in Mexican spices
- 4 eggs (the picture only shows one egg per person, but that’s just because I ran out of eggs, so I had a smoothie with mine too)
1) Add some oil to a pan and add the bean mixture and cook for a couple of minutes to head up.
2) Make too wells in the bean mixture and crack an egg into each one. Cook until the egg is cooked to your liking.
3) Serve on top of a tortilla. You can even add avocado if you like.
Nutritional Information – per person: