This is a really fresh tasting dish and is perfect for Spring. I like it really lemony, but you can use less lemon if you don’t want it so strong, and I really like mustard, but feel free to use less. It is also a great way to use leftover roast chicken too if you don’t want to cook a chicken breast.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 2 carrots, peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 portions of left over roast chicken, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of 1 lemons
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1) If you are not using leftover chicken, then grill 2 chicken breasts until done.
2) 5 minutes before the chicken is done, spray a large pan with some oil and add the peeled carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Add the cooked chicken, lemon juice, honey and mustard and cook for another 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the yoghurt right at the end.
5) Serve on top of mashed sweet potato.
Nutritional Information – Per person just for the chicken dish (not the sweet potato):
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Murgh Makhani/Butter Chicken
- Healthier Hummus