This is a great alternative to having to buy quorn to have at a BBQ. It is quick to make and pretty healthy too!
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 egg, whisked
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 tsp chopped chili
- Half a red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1) Pour the beans into a large bowl and mash until fairly smooth (I like to leave some chunks in it)
2) Stir in the oats, onion, coriander, chili and lime juice.
3) Add the egg and pepper
4) Mix well and form into 2 burgers (you might want to lightly flour your hands so the burger mix doesn’t stick to your hands TOO much, as it is quite gooey)
5) Heat a couple of sprays of fry-light in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 4 minutes on each side.
6) They are now ready to be BBQ’d. Cook them on the BBQ for 5 minutes each side.