I know this is not the ideal summer recipe, but I have not been feeling too well recently, so I wanted something comforting, and lets face it, it isn’t very warm in England anyway. Plus my obsession with Mexican food, let me to create this. You can pretty much switch around any vegetables you don’t like, or even add in some Chicken (which I did for my husband)
Apologies for the poor quality pictures in this one, my camera battery run out so I had to use my phone
Serves 3 (300 calories per portion)
- 1 pack of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tin of pinto beans, drained
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (Yams for the Americans), peeled and cubed
- Half a tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp chipotle chili flakes
- 1tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
1) Gently cook the onion, mushrooms, pepper and garlic in some fry-light for 5 minutes.
2) Add the sweet potato and cook for a further 2 minutes
3) Add the sweetcorn and the pinto beans.
4) Add the tomatoes, water and all the spices and cook for 30 minutes.