Now, these might sound a little odd – but it is just an Omelette/Fritatta, but made in a cupcake case to make it look a little bit different. When I served these at a party, people asked them what they were and I said “egg cupcakes”. That makes it sound like it is just egg and flour or something. But once they tried them, they were a hit.
The great thing about them, like omelettes, is that you can put so many different ingredients in them to suit your guests tastes.
- 10 eggs
- 100ml/0.4 cup skimmed milk
- Half a red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 60g/2oz low fat cheddar cheese, grated
1) Whisk the eggs and add the milk. Divide the mixture between 12 re-usable cupcake case place on a baking tray. Then divide the red pepper and parsley between them all.
2) Bake at 180/350/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle over the cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.