Another healthy Mexican recipe for you all. Can you tell that I love Mexican food? To be completely honest, I have never had taquitos before. We don’t get them in restaurants over here in the UK, but then again we don’t get authentic Mexican restaurants. So, I checked out a few recipes online and then just changed them all
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 red and one green pepper
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 onion
- Mexican seasoning (1tsp cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp paprika, 1tsp onion power, 1 tsp garlic granules, 1tsp sugar, 2tsp chipotle flakes or 1 tsp chili powder (make it as spicy or mild as you like).)
- Chicken, Prawns or cooked Beans (which ever you want to add)
- 40g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salsa and Guacamole to serve.
1) Cut the vegetables into thin slices and cook in some spray oil for 5 minutes, until softened.
2) Add the seasoning and the chicken/prawns/cooked beans.
3) Place some of the mixture on one side of the tortilla and sprinkle with some cheese.
4) Roll into a thin cigar and secure with a toothpick. I cut mine I used leftover large tortillas I made.
5) Bake at 190/375/Gas Mark 5 and serve with salsa and guacamole.