A lot of people have not heard of quinoa before. It is considered a grain, and is used as such, but it is actually from the spinach family. You can find it with the couscous and bulgar wheat in your supermarket and it makes a great alternative to those, as well as rice. It is also very high in protein.
- 40g uncooked quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- A chunk of cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp corriander, chopped
- Half a red onion, diced
- 50g feta cheese, cut into chunks
- Quarter of an avocado, cut into chunks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp sumac
1) Pour enough boiling water to cover the quinoa in a pan and simmer for 15 minutes, adding more water if needed and then drain.
2) Chop the vegetables and herbs and cheese
3) Mix the lemon juice, sumac and vegetables and cheese with the quinoa and serve.
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Murgh Makhani/Butter Chicken
- Creamy lemon, honey and mustard chicken