A vegan dish that can be easily made vegetarian by adding cheese or meat eaters can add tuna or chicken to bulk it out a bit. Beans are also a good addition to this dish, but it is also perfect on its own as a light meal, side dish or snack.
- 3 large courgettes, ribboned (sliced with a potato peeler)
- 6 large carrots, ribboned
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 10 green olives, halved
1) Ribbon the courgettes and carrots.
2) In a blender, add the tomatoes, garlic, onion, chilli, ginger and basil and blend until still a little chunky.
3) Put some spray oil into a pan and add the courgettes and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes until they have softened a little, but are still crunchy.
4) Add the tomato sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. You could add cooked chicken or tuna at this point if you wanted to.
5) Put in a bowl and top with the chopped olives. Sprinkle with cheese if you like.