When I was shopping the other day, they had salmon on offer so I bought around 20 salmon fillets and put them in the freezer. Salmon is my favourite fish, it is super tasty, very healthy and you can do so much with it. It takes on other flavours really well as well, so it is great for turning into things like burgers.
I make these with some Thai flavours, but you could really do anything with them, or even keep them super simple.
If you don’t have a food processor, just chop everything up really fine and then follow the other steps. I really would recommend a food processor though – they are so handy and they save a lot of time in the kitchen.
We had ours on a large salad, but you could add it to a burger bun too.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 2 salmon fillets
-3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 4 shallots
- A thumb sized piece of ginger
- 2 small green chillies
- Juice of 2 lime
- 4 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp fresh basil
1) Put the skinless salmon, 2 of the garlic cloves, lemon grass, shallots, ginger, chillis and juice of 1 of the limes in a food processor and blend until ground. Take out and form into 2 burger patties.
2) Heat some oil in a pan and cook for around 4 minutes each side.
3) Meanwhile, put the Greek yoghurt, the last garlic clove, juice of 1 lime and the basil in a food processor (clean after using it for the salmon) and blend to make a sauce.
4) Serve with sauce on top of the salmon burger.
Nutritional Information – per person for salmon burger and sauce:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy
Hungry For More? Here are some posts you might like...
- Healthy Fish Pie
- Prawn and Tomato Stew with a Herby Dressing
- Mediterranean Tuna Steaks
- Creamy Dill Salmon
- Salmon Pasta Salad