Do you want a quick and healthy dish to make for lunch that you can either eat at home or take to work? Well I have one for you. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know how much I LOVE salad. Adding pasta to salads make them a bit more substantial and filling.
I truly don’t think there is anything “bad” about pasta (you know I don’t believe any food is good or bad), and although I wouldn’t eat it every day, genuine allergies aside it is fine as part of a balanced diet.
I love the combination of flavours in this dish and balsamic and basil is like a match made in heaven.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 100g/1 cup wholewheat pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 handful of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1) Cook pasta according to instructions.
2) Grill/broil salmon fillets for 10 minutes
3) Drain the pasta and stir in all the other ingredients and flake the salmon fillet on top. Add some cracked black pepper.
Fat: 20 (healthy fats from the salmon and olive oil)
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy