Have another slow cooker recipe for you here. Even thought it is winter, it doesn’t mean you can’t fill your kitchen with the smells of the warm Mediterranean with this Spanish dish. It’s really fragrant and light, but hearty at the same time, so it is perfect for Winter and Summer and tastes great cold the next day.
- 100g chorizo, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped.
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g pinto beans
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp low fat plain yoghurt
1) Place the chopped chicken into a freezer bag with the paprika and some salt and pepper and shake so it is all coated.
2) Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and cook the chorizo for 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove from pan and add to slow cooker.
3) Add the chicken to the pan, with any paprika left in the bag and cook for 10 minutes, until golden. Once cooked, add to your slow cooker.
4) Then add the onion, peppers and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and add to slow cooker.
5) Put all the rest of the ingredients (except the yoghurt) to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
6) Serve with couscous and salad and some low fat yogurt.