With it being the new year, I am sure many of you are missing some of the takeaway foods that you were enjoying over the festive season. We always make it one of our goal to eat home cooked meals as much as possible, to save ourselves money and calories. That doesn’t mean you have to give up pizza altogether. I know so many people are intimidated by homemade pizza – but it really is simple. It tastes amazing and if you have a few fussy eaters in your family, it is really easy to make small individual pizzas that they can have their own toppings on. Perfect!
It is my Dave’s (my husband) birthday tomorrow, but he is unwell so we are staying in all weekend, and I am going to spoil him. This weekend I am making him his favourite foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t know many people that wouldn’t say that pizza is one of their favourite foods. Despite there being a few birthday indulgences, neither of us want to go overboard with the calories all weekend, so we are making things as healthy as they can be, without sacrificing on taste.
A great way to add a boost of healthiness and freshness to your pizza is to add spinach to it, which is how this Greek style pizza came about, as one of Dave’s favourite cheeses is feta.
Ingredients – Serves 4:
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 10 cherry/grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 100g/0.75 cup feta cheese
1) Make the pizza dough according to the instructions in the link above and roll your dough ball out until it is around 15″/37cm in diameter.
2) Put on a pizza stone, or just a baking tray/pizza dish and put in the oven at 220C/400F for 5 minutes, just so the dough can cook by itself for a little while
3) Take the dough out of the oven and add some marinara to it, then the spinach, halved cherry/grape tomatoes, parmesan and crumbled feta.
4) Crack some black pepper on top and put back in the oven for 20 minutes.
5) Serve with a large salad.
Nutritional Information – per person (the pizza makes 8 slices, so 2 slices each):
Please Pin this if you are on Pinterest
Make sure you are following me on the following:
Instagram: Search the username hungryhealthyhappy