A vegan recipe for you all.
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 80g quinoa, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, chopped and cooked
- 1 onion, chopped and cooked
- Half a teaspoon chopped red chili
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh coriander
1) Cut the top end off the butternut squash and cut it in half. Scoop out the seeds and put them to one side (you can dry them out and eat them for snacks if you like). Using a sharp knife, score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern so that the heat can get inside.
2) Put on a baking tray, cut side down, and cook for 1 hour at 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
3) Mix together to cooked quinoa, tomatoes, onions, chilli and coriander. Once the hour is up, take the butternut squash out of the oven and spoon the quinoa mixture into the holes of the butternut squash. Put them back in the oven, cut side up, for 15-20 minutes.
You can sprinkle some cheese on it if you like. I serve this with a huge green salad.