- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 500g tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, sliced
- Bunch of basil, chopped
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- Hot water
1) Put the tomatoes and onions on a baking tray and spray with oil. Cook at 200C for 30 minutes.
2) Boil the sweet potato with the tomato puree for 15 minutes and set aside until tomatoes are ready.
3) Take the tomatoes out of the oven.
4) Put the tomatoes and onions in a large soup pan with the drained sweet potatoes and chopped basil. Add enough hot water so the mixture is completely covered, and then add a little more. Cook for 10 minutes.
5) Put into a blender and blend.
6) Serve with home honey, garlic and rosemary bread.