Dave, Mr HHH here and let me just say: I love burgers! I love how many different combinations of burgers you can create, from a simple, classic beef burger (recipe for that one coming soon) to the most elaborate, towering monster burgers! Pretty much any meat can be used (or no meat at all) and there are almost endless toppings.
This is my recipe for turkey and chilli burgers with a lime aioli. I used dried Morita chillies, which are a smoked red jalapeño, a bit like a Chipotle, but with a little more kick. You could use any dried chilli that you have, but Morita or Chipotle give the burgers a nice smoky taste. I also used turkey breast, which is a lot leaner than thigh, but a little harder to work with as it has less moisture. If you use turkey thigh meat, omit the oil in with burger mix.
The lime aioli is a great accompaniment to these burgers as it has a nice cooling effect to the heat of the chillies. When served with some sliced avocado, these really are a tasty burger.
Ingredients – Serves 3
For the burgers:
- 350g/12oz of minced turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (only if using breast)
- 3 thumn sized dried chillies
- 3 Tbsp coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 wholewheat burger buns
- 1 avocado
For the Aioli:
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1) To make the burgers, mix all the ingredients in a food processor, separate into three and form into patties. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Grill until cooked through.
2) For the Aioli, put all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Serve on a toasted whole-wheat bun with sliced avocado.
Nutritional Information – Per person:
Follow Mr HHH:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.