Some people seemed a bit put off by the title turkey muffins and thought they were some kind of meat cake. They’re not. The word muffin is just used because they are cooked in a muffin cases. They are basically a muffin shaped meatball and make a fantastic protein packed snack that is perfect for post workout or can even be put with some starch and vegetables for a full meal.
I have added some shredded carrot and courgette to these, but you could use any vegetables, to give them an extra health boost. It is a great way to hide the veggies from those people that don’t really like them.
Ingredients – serves 12:
– 1 red onion
– 1 carrot, shredded
– Half a courgette (zucchini), shredded
– 400g/14oz ground turkey
– 2 egg whites
– 40g/2oz oats
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 3 tsp chopped red chili
– 2 tbsp chopped basil (you could use any herbs)
1) Dice the onion finely and then add to a large bowl.
2) Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the onion and stir well.
3) Spray some oil into the muffin tin and then add some of the mix to each hole.
4) Cook at 400F/200C for 40 minutes.
Nutritional Information – Per person:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.