If you have ever tried to lose weight, or get healthy, and you eat meat, chances are you have eaten a lot of chicken breast. Not only is it lean and a good source of protein – it tastes great as well. Trouble is, if you eat it enough, you will get bored of it.
Here are my favourite and healthy things to do with chicken breast.
- Stir fry: cut up chunks of chicken breast and cook with loads of vegetables and the home-made sauce of your choice. One of my favourite sauces is a mixture of lime juice, red chilli flakes, honey, garlic, ginger and a little soy sauce. Serve with some brown rice with eggs scrambled into it.
- Oven baked with a little cheese and salsa on top or some home-made BBQ sauce.
- Grilled and put on top of a salad
- Slow cooked in home-made salsa and shredded for Mexican food
- Stuffed with cheese and spinach and breaded and then oven baked
- Glazed with honey, lemon, ginger and chilli and then grilled
- Use a spice rub: my favourite is paprika, cumin, chilli and turmeric. Rub over the chicken breast and bake
- Make skewers/kebabs: cut into chunks, add to a bowl with chunks of veg (peppers, onions and mushrooms) and coat with some oil and spice. Thread onto skewers and grill.
- Grilled and sliced and put on top of chicken
- Make homemade chicken burgers
- Put in a chicken curry
- Homemade chicken nuggets
What are your favourite things to do with chicken breast?