Even though there is the word happy in the title of my blog, I don’t talk enough about all the things that make me happy, so you will be seeing more of that. When I decided to make myself healthier, that wasn’t just physical health, but mental health too. I used to be so depressed and went through life just existing, rather than living and to be honest, that is one of the biggest changes I have made.
If you want to be kept up to date on more healthy living tips like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up 🙂
Many things make me happy, but helping people is one of the main ones. I guess that is part of the reason why I started this blog. I always knew that whatever I did with my life, I wanted to be making a difference. No matter how small. Helping someone doesn’t have to be a huge task, it can be a small every day thing, but without knowing it you could actually be making a difference to their life. That is why I love random acts of kindness.
This used to be a big thing a few years ago when it first started and it was a “craze”. But helping people shouldn’t be a craze, it should be something that we just do every day. Not for recognition, just because it makes you feel good and you know it will make them feel good too.
As part of the AXA PPP healthcare 52 Little Things challenge, I am making one small change a week to be a healthier and happier person and this weeks change was to carry out a random act of kindness. I know there are lots of you taking part in this challenge with me, so I thought I would put together a list of random acts of kindness that you can do today.
- Buy an extra cup of coffee in the morning and give it to a co-worker
- Live in a tourist area? Offer to take a tourist’s picture
- Lived in your house for years and not met your neighbours yet? Go and introduce yourself.
- Wait a little longer to hold the door open for someone
- Help someone with their shopping bags
- Do your room-mate’s dishes for them
- Share your umbrella with someone on a rainy day
- Pick up some litter
- Buy a homeless person a hot drink/meal
- Know of a lonely neighbour? Befriend them
- Donate blood
- Offer to babysit for a friend
- Add some money to a parking meter
- Make a donation to charity
- Praise someone’s hard work
- Compliment someone
- Donate some books/clothes to a charity shop
- Give someone a hug
- See someone at the gym that is struggling? Encourage them! This is the one that I did today. I have been going to the same gym for a couple of years now and there is a lady there that has been there since I started. She has made amazing progress in that time, so today when I saw her working out, I gave her a smile, as if to say well done. She doesn’t need my praise, but I think she appreciated it. She gave me a big smile back. When I was first starting out, I wish more people had given me an encouraging smile.
What is a random act of kindness that you have done recently? Leave a comment below
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.
*This is a sponsored post*