This is a rice alternative made from just cauliflower. Anything that you would have with rice, you can have with Cauliflower Rice instead.
After "Carb-Fest 2013", also known as Paris, I am cutting back on carbs a little. I am definitely not cutting them out, as carbs are good and much needed for the workouts I am doing. But I don't need as many as I have been doing, so I am making some alternatives.
Cauliflower is one of the most underrated vegetables - it is so versatile. I am going to have lots of recipes soon that use cauliflower to lighten things up.
This recipe is so simple, that is doesn't even need a recipe. But I have been asked about it so much, that instead of explaining it each time, I will just link people to it. You can also pin it too for future reminders.
This isn't cauliflower mixed with rice, this is a rice alternative made from just cauliflower. Anything that you would have with rice, you can have with cauliflower rice instead. Curry, Mexican, Stirfry, Chilli, Stroganoff,
How to make Cauliflower Rice - Serves 2:
- 1 head cauliflower
Hob (Stove Top) method:
- Chop the cauliflower head into chunks.
- Add to boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash with a fork or a potato mashed.
- Put the cauliflower head in a food processor and blitz until fine. Alternatively, use a coarse grater.
- Cook it in the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- You can add butter or herbs or anything to it to change the flavour if you want.
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy