Last updated on February 28th, 2019 at 11:33 am
Chinese food has a reputation for being greasy and one of those meals that you eat way too much of, but then you are hungry again a couple of hours of later. Also, don’t get me started on the sodium bloat that happens almost instantly. I am also not on-board with the MSG found in most Chinese food (although there is a delivery place near us that prides itself on no MSG).
I have never really liked Chinese food before, but I think that is because I have only ever had sodium filled greasy dishes or sickly sauces – all that made me feel awful the next day. Luckily, you can still have delicious Chinese inspired meals that cut down on the calories, fat and sodium.
This dish freezes really well too, so it makes a great quick and easy meal.
How to make Chicken Stir Fry – Serves 4:
Chicken Stir Fry
- 600 g chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 12 mushrooms sliced
- 2 red peppers cut into chunks
- 0.5 head broccoli cut into chunks
- 8 asparagus spears sliced lengthways
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 lemon grass stalks diced
- 1 tbsp ginger diced
- 1 tsp red chilli chopped
- 1 lime lime (juice only)
- 4 tbsp coriander (cilantro)
- Put the chicken, oil, salt and pepper and half the crushed garlic in a bowl and stir. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture to a large hot pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is pretty much cooked.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and put to the side.
- Add all of the rest of the of the ingredients to the pan and cook for 7 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Nutritional Information – Per Person:
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy