Last updated on February 18th, 2019 at 09:43 am
Pancakes might just be the best breakfast food ever. They are quick, easy and the toppings are almost endless. Plus, they are really easy to make healthy too. These delicious grain free coconut pancakes are the perfect example of that. They are just 200 calories per portion.
If you want to be kept up to date on more delicious and healthy recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
I have been talking about making these pancakes for a long time. So, on a dull weekend morning I took the plunge and decided to brighten up a grey day with some delicious coconut pancakes. The added bonus is that they are grain free – perfect for those of you that are gluten free or Paleo. You asked for more gluten free/Paleo recipes and that is exactly what I am going to give you!
I have been experimenting with coconut flour a lot recently and I have to say that I love it! It is lighter than almond flour, which makes it a good ingredient for things like pancakes and muffins. Take a look at my Healthy Carrot Cake recipe that I use coconut flour in.
Just how coconutty (is that a word?) are these pancakes? Well, they have coconut flour and coconut milk in them and they are cooked in coconut oil. Surprisingly, they are not overly coconutty (I have written it twice now, so it is definitely a word), but just the right amount.
Coconutty. Coconutty. Coconutty. There! It is out of my system now.
How to make Coconut Pancakes – Serves 4:
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 eggs
- 40 g coconut flour
- 60 ml light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (you can use butter instead)
- Put all the ingredients (except the oil/butter) in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, then mash the banana, whisk the eggs and mix together with the coconut flour and coconut milk. Leave the mixture for about 5 minutes
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil and once hot, start making pancakes. These pancakes need to be made small, smaller that regular pancakes, so they stay together. Each pancake should be make with 2 tbsp of pancake mixture. Meaning all this recipe should make around 16 small pancakes
- Once bubbles start forming on the pancakes, check that they are fairly sturdy and then flip them. They should take around 3 minutes each time. Cook in batches until they are all cooked.
- Serving suggestion - strawberries and chocolate sauce (I used ChocShot as it is awesome and healthy).
What’s your favourite pancake topping? Leave a comment below!
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.
Here are some more coconut breakfast recipes for you: