This Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing is a real fresh and punchy dressing that will transform a salad. It’s zingy, has a kick of heat from the chilli and mustard and it goes perfectly with some salmon or a simple green salad.
We are firm believers that salads never have to be boring, and that mainly comes down to the dressing. A dressing can really make or break a salad and this dressing will definitely make a salad! If you like a mustard salad dressing, then this is something a little bit more special with some added lime and chilli.
Lime Salad Dressing
Citrus is a must when it comes to creating the perfect salad dressing. Whilst most people usually go with lemon juice, we like using lime juice to mix things up a bit. Lime also goes really well with chilli.
Chilli Salad Dressing
If you are bored with all your regular salad dressings, then a sure fire way to liven them up a bit is to add a kick of chilli to them. We used some chopped fresh red chilli, but you could swap it for some dried red chilli flakes or a teaspoon of chipotle paste. You could easily leave the chilli out if you didn’t want a spicy dressing, as the mustard gives it a little bit of heat anyway.
Ingredients needed to make Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing (Serves 2)
- Juice of 1 lime (if it is not very juicy, use 2)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
How To Make this Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing- Step by Step
One: Put all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Two: Mix well and put in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.
Three: Drizzle over salad leaves.
Other Salad Dressing/Sauces To Try
Some extra tips for this Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing
- This lime and chilli salad dressing has a good punch of spice in it, but you can easily adjust it. Add more red chilli if you like it really spicy, or leave the chilli out to keep it mild.
- A little bit of honey adds a nice touch of sweetness to this mustard salad dressing. Keep it vegan by using maple syrup.
- We used dijon mustard, but you would easily swap it to wholegrain mustard.
|Do you want to be kept up to date on more delicious posts like these Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds).|
Click here to sign up.
If you’ve tried this Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing, or any other recipe on the blog, then let us know how you got on in the comments below, we love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipe ideas, behind the scenes shots and also what we are getting up to.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THE RECIPE ↓
Lime, Chilli and Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1 Lime - juice only (if it is not very juicy, use more)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Chopped red chilli
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh basil
- 1 Pinch Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well and put in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.
- Drizzle over salad leaves.
This post was originally published 21st February 2013 and was last updated on 18th August 2018