This Mexican Salad is a perfect accompaniment to any Mexican main dish or even on its own as a light, and tasty lunch.
As the weather gets warmer (or less cold), I start wanting to make all of my dishes really colourful and full of fresh flavours. I think this salad definitely fits into those categories.
Since we got back from Mexico, this is the first Mexican dish I have had. To say that I got bored with Mexican food would be a bit too much, but I was definitely looking forward to other cuisine once we got back. It's not like I was forced to eat only Mexican food when there - but when in Rome. I just wanted to make the most of the authentic cuisine.
So, as I sat here this morning wishing I was back in beautiful Mexico, I thought I would take myself on a make-believe trip via my lunch.
How to make Mexican Salad - Serves 2:
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 100 g lettuce
- 60 g spinach
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 0.5 red onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 100 g chickpeas (or any bean), drained
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 0.5 avocado diced
- 30 g feta cheese cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander cilantro
- Cover the chicken breasts with the spices and grill for 30 minutes.
- In bowls, add the lettuce and spinach, chick peas/beans, tomato, jalapeños, red onion and red pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice it and add to the bowl and then top with lime juice, avocado, feta and coriander (cilantro).
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy