As the weather gets warmer (or less cold), I start wanting to make all of my dishes really colourful and full of fresh flavours. I think this salad definitely fits into those categories.
Since we got back from Mexico, this is the first Mexican dish I have had. To say that I got bored with Mexican food would be a bit too much, but I was definitely looking forward to other cuisine once we got back. It’s not like I was forced to eat only Mexican food when there – but when in Rome. I just wanted to make the most of the authentic cuisine.
So, as I sat here this morning wishing I was back in beautiful Mexico, I thought I would take myself on a make-believe trip via my lunch.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
– 2 small chicken breasts
– 1 tsp each of ground coriander, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, garlic granules and a little sea salt and black pepper
– Enough spinach/lettuce for 2 people
– 4 tomatoes, diced
– 2 jalapeños, diced
– Half a red onion, diced
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 200g/1 cup cooked chick peas (or any bean)
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 avocado, diced
– 40g/1.5oz feta cheese, cubed
– 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro)
1) Cover the chicken breasts with the spices and grill for 30 minutes (depending on size)
2) In bowls, add the lettuce and spinach, cooked chick peas/beans, tomato, jalapeños, red onion and red pepper.
3) Once the chicken is cooked, slice it and add to the bowl and then top with lime juice, avocado, feta and coriander (cilantro)
Fat: 22 (mainly from avocado)
Instagram: search the username hungryhealthyhappy