We have reached my favourite time of year – soup season! What I love most about soup is that you can throw together almost anything, add some stock and you have yourself a delicious and comforting soup.
If you want to be kept up to date on my new healthy and delicious recipes like this, then please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds) and you will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed. Click here to sign up
Another great thing about soups is that they are really easy to make vegetarian or vegan, as you can pack then full of so many other flavours that they really don’t miss the meat. It’s still important to make sure that they have some protein in them though, which is why I have Quorn Vegan pieces in to this.
I am really excited for the long awaited Quorn vegan range that has just been released and I know there are going to be many happy vegans around the country too.
Vegetarianism has become a lot more popular over the past few years, but so has veganism. We tried going fully vegan a few years ago, but it wasn’t for us (although vegan options were not great then), but we try to eat at least 10 vegan meals a week for health reasons. When we eat less meat and dairy products, we tend to have a diet lower in saturated fats and then just makes us feel better and I personally have a lot more energy when I cut down on dairy.
Also, eating a mainly vegan diet compliments a healthy lifestyle as a vegan diet includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. It is usually a diet that is higher in fibre too.
Quorn haven’t just introduced Quorn Vegan pieces, but Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers, which are delicious and have made our burger nights much more exciting! The new Quorn vegan range is making it much easier for us to eat varied vegan meals and make sure we are getting enough healthy protein* too. The vegan range has the same taste and texture that Quorn is known for and they make it really easy to make some of your favourite meals vegan in a really simple way, making it now easier than ever to be vegan!
I haven’t shared a new vegan recipe with you guys for ages and that just doesn’t feel right. So, here is the first of many new Mexican recipes coming soon, as well as lots more vegan recipes coming up, as I really want to show how easy vegan eating can be.
Ingredients – serves 2:
– Half a pack of Quorn Vegan Pieces
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 red peppers, sliced
– 10 mushrooms, sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 4 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro, chopped
– 2 jalapeños, sliced
– 1 can of chopped tomatoes
– 1 tbsp paprika
– 2 tsp chipotle flakes
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 1 tbsp chilli sauce
– 700ml/23 fl oz boiling water
– 200g/1 cup cooked black beans
– 1 lime
1) Cut the tortillas into strips and bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 10-12 minutes until crispy
2) Heat a little oil in a large pan and add the onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the Quorn Vegan Pieces and cook for 2 more minutes
4) Add the chicken, coriander/cilantro, jalapeños, hot water, tomatoes, beans, juice from the lime, paprika, chipotle, cumin and chilli sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Divide between 2 bowls and place strips of tortilla on top. Then add any toppings of your choice – we went with avocado and some more coriander/cilantro.
**Quorn Mince, Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces, Quorn Meat Free Chicken Fillets and Quorn Standard Sausages are a nutritionally healthy protein source. Protein contributes to a growth in and maintenance of muscle mass. This recipe is sponsored by Quorn.
Let’s stay in touch!