Waffles just got even tastier by adding some Nutella in to the mix before cooking. This recipe for Nutella Waffles uses our healthier homemade Nutella too and with using oat flour to make the waffles, this is the perfect Sunday morning breakfast that tastes more indulgent than it is.
Happy National Nutella Day. I love that there is a day for almost everything and I love it even more when there is a day to celebrate something as delicious as Nutella. A day to celebrate chocolate and hazelnuts all blended together? Sign us up!
Do you want to be kept up to date on more delicious and healthy recipes like these Nutella Waffles? Please subscribe to the blog mailing list (it takes 30 seconds). You will get sent the new recipes straight to your inbox. Your email address won’t be passed on to anyone and you will never be spammed.
Click here to sign up.
Sure, Nutella is a little crazy on the sugar side, which is why we use our own homemade healthier Nutella. Woooo hoo! You haven’t made some yet? What are you waiting for?! Whilst it can be tempting to dive head first in to a jar of it, or just spread it on toast, there is so much more you can do with it. Like make these waffles!
I can’t remember the last time we missed our Sunday morning waffle tradition. It started when I was pregnant and I wanted to eat everything in sight and now Avery is eating whatever we eat, it has turned in to a nice little family tradition.
Waffles are pretty basic with the standard recipe, so we try to change it up each time so we don’t get bored. Is it possible to get bored of waffles? It’s not just about changing up the toppings, but adding different things in to the batter itself. Not just flavours, but texture too. Try adding some chopped up nuts to your waffle batter mix next time!
Don’t just stop at waffles, you can make Nutella pancakes with our homemade Nutella too and just add some to the batter. You will need to add a little extra liquid to your pancake so they aren’t really sticky from the Nutella. Make sure you don’t forget the strawberries – Nutella and strawberries are a dream combination.
- 70 g Rolled oats
- 0.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 Egg
- 8 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Melted homemade Nutella
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp Ground cinnamon
- For Serving: Melted Nutella Greek yoghurt and strawberries (optional and not in nutritional info)
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Place the oats in a blender and blend until it makes a powder. Put in a large bowl and add the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Put the banana, egg, milk and melted Nutella in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the wet liquid to the oat flour and mix until smooth.
- Grease your waffle maker and using a ladle, add the mixture to your heated waffle maker (it should make 4 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker), close the lid and cook according to the instructions of your waffle maker. These take around 5 minutes in our waffle maker.
- Serve hot with Greek yoghurt, Nutella and strawberries on top.
Love something a little different for breakfast? Have a look at these other breakfast recipes: Wholewheat Pancakes, Spiced Orange Waffles or Mango and Macadamia Waffles. And why not have a Healthy Nutella Smoothie to go with it?
Let’s stay in touch!
~ Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for us to run this site. We love creating delicious recipes that show healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring ~
~ All opinions are our own ~