I mentioned of Facebook yesterday that I was starting a new feature on the blog – One Pot Wonders. They will be recipes that only use one pot, so that means less washing up! Bonus! Some will be stove-top meals and others will be slow cooker or oven casseroles, but I will save those for when it starts to get colder. Even though this meal was a bit out of season, I just love noodle dishes and how versatile they are.
This is the first one and it was a good one to start with. You literally just chop everything up, put it in a pan and 15 minutes later it is ready. Healthy, quick and easy – those are my favourite kinds of meals.
The great thing about this is that you can use any vegetables that you have left in your fridge. I used leek, but you could add onion. I used Chinese cabbage, but you could use kale or spinach if that is what you have.
Ingredients – Serves 2:
– 2 nests (100g) of wholewheat noodles
– 15 king prawns, raw and de-veined
– 4 mushrooms, sliced
– Quarter Chinese cabbage, chopped
– 1 leek, sliced
– 4 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
– 1 tsp red chilli, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– Juice of half a lemon
– 500ml/2 cups boiling water
– Half a tsp of cumin
– A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1) Put everything in a large pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.
Nutritional Information – Per person:
Get the RSS feed here
Want to make sure you never miss a Hungry Healthy Happy post? Make sure you have subscribed by clicking here.